Many volunteer ministers, along with the parish staff, are dedicated to the catechesis of parishioners from infancy to
adulthood. Catechesis, a Greek word meaning "to echo", is about re-telling the Good News, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Briefly, there are three goals in the Catholic Christian formation process which are dependent on each other :
- To help each other grow in faith, assisting in the development and nurturing of one another's personal relationship with God.
- To help each other become part of the Catholic Christian community of believers by forming significant communities in faith, as well as taking part in the rituals of initiation: Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist.
- To help one another acquire a Catholic identity. This involves the sharing of Catholic doctrine, prayers, Scripture stories and practices.
"It is crucial that our children taste and see the goodness of the Lord. Simple daily gestures—a hand on the forehead and a “God be with you,” as they head out for school in the morning. A tracing of the Sign of the Cross and a “God keep you,” before they sleep. Never let a day slip by where we don’t, in some small way, call forth the vision of goodness into the lives of our children."
Msgr. Xavier Pappu
Registration for the year 2017 -2018 being done from April 1st.
FIRST DAY OF THE CLASS:
August 27th, Sunday @ 12:00 noon & 4:30 pm
August 30th, Wednesday with 6 pm Mass
If you are registering your child for Faith Formation classes AND for the sacraments of First Holy Communion and/or Confirmation, you will be filling out TWO sets of registration forms!!!
Faith Formation Registration Forms:
1. Faith Formation Registration Form: English Spanish (PDF)
English & Spanish (MS WORD)
2. Faith Formation Behavior Code: English Spanish
3. Code of Conduct: English Spanish
First Holy Communion and Confirmation Registration Forms:
1. Process for Sacramental Preparation: English Spanish
2. Petition to Begin Preparation: English Spanish
3. Sponsor for Confirmation: English Spanish
4. Confirmation Name Report Form: English Spanish
Sacramental Preparation Handouts:
1. First Holy Communion Preparation Handbook English Spanish
2. Confirmation Preparation Handbook English Spanish
Download, print, and fill out these forms and return to the Faith Formation office .
ETHICS AND INTEGRITY
Training is always free however a $10.00 fee is required for a background check. For more information, and an Ethics & Integrity Training Calendar, Visit the Diocese Website...
Tyler Diocese Faith Formation Site: http://www.dioceseoftyler.org/
Tyler Diocese Training Calendar: http://www.dioceseoftyler.org/ethics.htm
USEFUL WEB LINKS FOR CATECHISTS AND PARENTS: